About Bhandardara Fireflies
Its Pre-Monsoon !! Waiting eagerly for rains to quench your thirst. Why not enjoy the firework of fireflies while waiting.
Moon and stars have always been there to follow your path and guide you.
Ever seen fireflies do the same. Imagine a dark trail brightened by fireflies flying all around you. Imagine to be in a mysterious forest lighted by fireflies.
What are fireflies and why do they ignite?
Fireflies are a family of insects which glow in the dark. The phenomenon of glowing is called as bioluminescence which occurs due to a chemical reaction inside their bodies. Fireflies use this luminescence to attract mates or prey.
Some interesting facts about fireflies:
- Certain species of female fireflies pick mates based on specific male flash pattern characteristics. Higher male flash rates and increased flash intensity have been found to be more attractive to females among two different fireflies species.
- Many fireflies do not illuminate at all. They use pheromones to attract their mates. Using pheromones for sexual signal is an ancestral condition, whereas, using luminous sexual signals are recent phenomenon.
- Certain species of fireflies deploy both pheromones and luminous component to identify their mates.
- There are varieties of use of luminescence by fireflies apart from attracting mates. luminescence is also used for attracting prey, making themselves unpalatable to predators, for identifying other members of their species etc.
- Mesmerizing view of the huge shadow valley
- Rappelling down a rock patch
- camping in Tent or homestay in case of rain
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Surrounding
We’ll be boarding the below train from our nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 02:00 pm
11:46 am : CST
11:53 am : Byculla
11:59 am : Dadar
12:06 pm : Kurla
12:10 pm : Ghatkopar
12:26 pm : Thane
12:39 pm : Dombivli
12:48 pm : Kalyan
01:21 pm : Asangaon
01:58 pm : Kasara
Day 1: Saturday
- 02:00 pm : Meet the Team at Panvel station and move towards Samrad Village by local transport
- 06:00 pm : Reach Base village – Samrad, freshen up
- 06:30 pm : Have evening snacks
- 06:45 pm : Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
- 07:30 pm : Visit Kokankada and go for the jungle trails and see fireflies
- 09:30 pm : Dinner time; enjoy local cuisines specially cooked for us.lots of fun.
- 10:30 pm : Games and lots of fun, If tired can retire and take rest in tents.
Day 2: Sunday
- 06:00 am : Wake up call, freshen up
- 06:30 am : Have garma – garam breakfast. at the campsite
- 07:00 am : Explore some part of Sandhan Valley and Rappelling
- 10:00 am : Back to the Village
- 10:30 am : Start return journey towards Kasara by local transport
- 02:40 pm : Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.1600/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Transportation from Kasara to Samrad to Kasara by private vehicle.
- Evening snacks- Saturday
- Breakfast- Sunday
- 1 Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) (Saturday)
- Tent – 3 People Sharing Basis. or Homestay
- Adventure Equipment
- Rappelling Charges
- Local guidance
- First aid and first attender assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Identity Card
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Torch and shoes (Compulsory)
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: