Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Easy
Height of fort: 2700 ft approx.
Total time required for climbing: 1 hour from Kasara
Total distance for climbing: 1.5 hour of normal climb
Duration: 1 Day
About Kavnai Fort
It is said that the fort was built by Mughals. It was ceded to Peshwas by Nizam under the terms of the treaty held after the Battle of Udgir (1760).This fort along with Tringalwadi and fifteen other forts were captured by British army under leadership of Col. Briggs.
The ascend to the fort is very easy along a ridge which starts from the village kavanai. There is only one gate to the fort. The final ascend to the fort is vertical with poor rock-cut steps. The villagers have secured the approach by fixing an iron ladder. It takes about an hour to reach the top of the fort.
- The main gate at the top of the fort and
- A pond at the top of the hill fort
- Mesmerising view from top.
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Fast Local
06:55 am CST
07:02 am Byculla
07:08 am Dadar
07:15 am Kurla
07:19 am Ghatkopar
07:34 am Thane
07:47 am Dombivli
07:55 am Kalyan
09:11 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 09:15 am
10:30 am Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for the trek
11:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
01:00 pm Reach top, take some rest and then explore the top
02:00 pm Post Lunch and after clicking loads of pics, we will start our descend
03:30 pm Reach back to our base village
04:00 pm Freshen-up and have some refreshments with tea
06:00 pm Reach Kasara railway station
08:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon.
Event Fee: Rs.800/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Local travel from Kasara to Kasara
- Unlimited morning and evening breakfast and Tea at base village
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Lunch for the day.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Lunch for the Day
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: