Event Grade: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 1524 ft approx.
Location: Palghar, Thane
Total time required to reach base: 40 minutes from safale
Total time required for climbing: 3 hrs of normal climb
Duration: 1 Day
About Tandulwadi Fort
Tandulwadi is a hilltop fort which offers a great view of the confluence of rivers Vaitarna and Surya. Tandulwadi fort is situated about 5 km from Saphale Railway Station. This fort is one of the most beautiful spot for mumbaikars to visit in one day. In thirteenth century, King Bhimdevs kingdom comprised the cities of Shurparak (Nalasopara) and Mahikawati (Mahim). In 1454, Sultan of Ahmedabad captured Mahikawati. One Bhadurshah conferred the responsibility of Tandulwadi to a Mallik Allauddin. Later the fort was in the hands of Portuguese and then the Peshwas. There are remains of the fortification as we reach to the top. There is a square shaped water pond on the top of the fort. There is no water in any of these cisterns after monsoon. On this fort one can find herbs with medicinal values and different species of birds. It is located between forests and offers a thrilling climb in the last 45 minutes of the trek.
- Pond on the fort
- Steep hills
- Waitarna river from the fort
- Rockcut water cistern
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience.
Churchgate – Dahanu Fast Local
05:24 am Churchgate
05:34 am Mumbai Central
05:41 am Dadar
05:46 am Bandra
05:55 am Andheri
06:09 am Borivali
06:23 am Bhayander
06:34 am Vasai
06:46 am Virar
07:03 am Saphale
Meeting Point : Saphale Railway Station at 07:15 am
07:15 am Meetup at Saphale, have Breakfast and Move towards the base village
08:15 am Reach base village
08:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations
08:45 am Gear up for the trek as per the instructions
11:30 am Reach top, have lunch and explore surroundings
12:30 pm Post lunch start descending towards the base
03:00 pm Reach base village
03:15 pm Start return journey, Evening Refreshments enroute
06:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.500/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Local travel from Saphale to Base Village & Back
- Morning / Evening Tea & Breakfast
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Lunch for the day
- Identity Proof
- Torch with extra batteries
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Windcheater and Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: