About Prabalmachi Fireflies
Its Pre-Monsoon !! Waiting eagerly for rains to quench your thirst. Why not enjoy the firework of fireflies while waiting.
Moon and stars have always been there to follow your path and guide you.
Ever seen fireflies do the same. Imagine a dark trail brightened by fireflies flying all around you. Imagine to be in a mysterious forest lighted by fireflies.
What are fireflies and why do they ignite?
Fireflies are a family of insects which glow in the dark. The phenomenon of glowing is called as bioluminescence which occurs due to a chemical reaction inside their bodies. Fireflies use this luminescence to attract mates or prey.
Some interesting facts about fireflies:
- Certain species of female fireflies pick mates based on specific male flash pattern characteristics. Higher male flash rates and increased flash intensity have been found to be more attractive to females among two different fireflies species.
- Many fireflies do not illuminate at all. They use pheromones to attract their mates. Using pheromones for sexual signal is an ancestral condition, whereas, using luminous sexual signals are recent phenomenon.
- Certain species of fireflies deploy both pheromones and luminous component to identify their mates.
- There are varieties of use of luminescence by fireflies apart from attracting mates. luminescence is also used for attracting prey, making themselves unpalatable to predators, for identifying other members of their species etc.
Prabalmachi is situated between Matheran and Panvel in Raigad District in Maharashtra, India. A rustic village, the base of Fort Prabalgad and Kalavantin, is filled with greenery and is away from hustle and bustle of city. Height of the Prabalmachi village is 390 metres above sea level.The Prabalgad Fort stands at an elevation of 2,300 feet in the Western Ghats. The fort was previously known as Muranjan until it was taken over and renamed by the Maratha forces under Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s rule. The fort has a Ganesh temple and some unidentified stone ruins. Its sister fort is Irshalgad. Right next to Prabalgad, to its north, lies the steep Kalavantin fort. Prabalmachi provides an amazing view of the two fort standing tall and facing each other. The mild breeze in the evening and traditional food by the villagers adds to the experience.
- Scenic view of city from Prabalmachi / plateau and the cool breeze
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the Surrounding and the city
- Amazing hike in the woods
- Wonderful climbs
- Camping at the top of the plateau
- Games with lots of fun
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Panvel Slow Local
04:23 pm CST
04:41 pm Vadala Road
04:52 pm Kurla
05:12 pm Vashi
05:21 pm Nerul
05:33 pm Kharghar
05:44 pm Panvel
Thane Slow Local
04:48 pm Thane
05:05 pm Koparkhairne
05:17 pm Nerul
05:29 pm Kharghar
05:40 pm Panvel
Meeting Point : Panvel Railway Station at 05:50 pm
05:50 pm Meet the Team at Panvel station and move towards Thakurwadi by local transport
06:45 pm Reach Base village, freshen up, gear up for the trek
07:00 pm Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
07:15 pm Start the trek, Reach plateau by 09:00 pm and explore the surrounding
09:30 pm Dinner time; enjoy local cuisines specially cooked for us… followed by bonfire and lots of fun. If tired can retire and take rest in tents.
05:30 am Wake up call, freshen up and ready fr the Kalavantin Trek (Optional)
08:00 am Have garma – garam breakfast.
09:00 am Start descending post breakfast along with the beautiful memories from the event
10:00 am Start return journey towards Mumbai by local transport
10:45 am Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet again.
Event Fee: Rs.1200/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Travel from Panvel to Base village and Return
- Unlimited Dinner, breakfast in the morning
- Tent Camping
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank
- Carry Blanket
- Torch with new batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
Prabalmachi fireflies Mumbai Pune Adventures
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions:
Prabalmachi fireflies Mumbai Pune Adventures