Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of Plateau: 2800 ft approx.
Total time required for climbing: 3 hours of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night 1 day
During the reign of the Satavahana (c. 200 BCE – 190 CE), the Naneghat pass was one of the trade routes. It connected the Konkan coast communities with Deccan high plateau through Junnar. Literally, the name nane means “coin” and ghat means “pass”. The name is given because this path was used as a tollbooth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. According to Charles Allen, there is a carved stone that from distance looks like a stupa, but is actually a two-piece carved stone container by the roadside to collect tolls.
It is famous for a major cave with Hindu Sanskrit inscriptions in Brahmi script. These inscriptions have been dated between the 2nd and the 1st century BCE, and attributed to the Satavahana dynasty era. The inscriptions are notable for linking the Vedic and Vaishnavism deities, mentioning some Vedic srauta rituals and of names that provide historical information about the ancient Satavahanas. The inscriptions present the world’s oldest numeration symbols for “2, 4, 6, 7, and 9” that resemble modern era numerals, more closely those found in modern Nagari and Hindu-Arabic script.
- Night Trek full of adventure
- Naneghat Caves
- Thumb shaped Peak
- carved stone container to Collect Toll
- View of Jivdhan and Vanarlingi Pinnacle
- Sanskrit inscriptions in Brahmi script on Cave wall
- Adventures and easy rock climbing
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kalyan Semi Fast
08:42 pm CST
08:50 pm Byculla
08:57 pm Dadar
09:04 pm Kurla
09:08 pm Ghatkopar
09:20 pm Mulund
09:24 pm Thane
09:48 pm Dombivli
09:58 pm Kalyan
Meeting Point : Kalyan Railway Station at 10:00 pm
10:00 pm Meet-up, freshen up and Move towards the Base Village in Taxi
12:00 pm Reach Base village, gear up for the trek
12:15 pm Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
03:30 am Reach NaneGhat Caves, have some rest till morning
06:00 am Wake up and explore surroundings
07:30 am Enjoy unlimited breakfast and tea
08:30 am Start the descend from Naneghat
10:30 am Reach base village and move towards the Kalyan railway station
12:30 pm Reach Kalyan railway station
02:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.900/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:</strong>
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Unlimited breakfast in the morning
- Tea in the morning
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- Carry your own Saturday Dinner
- 2 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera, Windcheater as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: