About Alang Madan Kulang Trek (AMK trek)
“Challenges are what makes life interesting, and overcoming them is what gives a sense of fulfillment”. The quote certainly fits for AMK trek. Alang Madan Kulang Trek aka AMK trek is one of the toughest treks in Sahyadri range. It is tough not only because it is a long trek but also because route keeps throwing surprise elements like steepness, rock climbing, rappelling, slipperiness, etc. But believe us, equally will be the sense of accomplishment once you summit the 3 peaks. The view from AMK, especially from Kulang is so mesmerizing and beautiful that you will thank yourself for putting all the effort for reaching the summit. Apart from the view, the remains of forts- water cisterns, huge walls, caves will bug the curiosity (Keeda) in you.
Standing at a height of 4000-5000 fts, the AMK trek peaks provide a glimpse of Kalsubai, Harihar fort, and other mountains in the Sahyadri range. They fall under the Nasik district of Maharashtra. Technical guidance and equipment are required for climbing the two rock patches on the way to Alang and Madan fort each. Because of the tough and steep climb, AMK trek is mostly closed during the monsoon season and the best time to do the summit is from September to March.
Enough done reading, come and join Mumbai Pune Adventures ,who have experienced guides, to experience the AMK trek-the toughest trek of Maharashtra.
- Rappelling and Rock climbing
- Steep steps to climb
- Amazing view from the top of the fort
- Historical remains of fort- water cisterns, caves, and other structures
- Breathtaking View of Alang, Madan, and Kulang
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
- Sunset and Sunrise View from Madan Top
- Night stay in ancient caves.
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Semi Fast Local
10.50 pm: CST
10:57 pm: Byculla
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:13 pm: Kurla
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:34 pm: Thane
11:57 pm: Dombivali
12:07 am: Kalyan
01:18 am: Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 01:20 am
01:20 am Meet out team at Kasara station, freshen up
01:30 am Leave for base village in a private taxi
04:15 am Reach base village
05:30 am Have Breakfast
05:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations
06:00 am Start the trek with a small warm up walk.
10:30 am Reach top, Explore the Alang fort
11:30 am Have lunch and take some rest
01:30 pm Start descend of Alang and move towards tha Madan
05:00 pm After Rock Climbing Reach Madan top
05:30 pm Explore the fort, Enjoy the view of the surrounding
08:00 pm Dinner time and stay in the cave of Madangad
05:00 am Wake up call, freshen up and recharge with the garma-garam breakfast.
06:30 am Get ready for the descend and move towards the Kulang
11:00 am Reach Kulang, Have Lunch and Explore Fort
02:30 pm Start Descending down
05:00 pm Reach Base Village
05:10 pm Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
06:00 pm Reach Kasara station and take a return train (06:18 pm) to mumbai
08:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.2400/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:</strong>
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Transportation from Kasara to Kasara
- Unlimited breakfast in the morning ( Sat-Sun )
- Tea in the morning ( Sat-Sun )
- Lunch ( Sat-Sun )
- Dinner ( Sat )
- Local guidance
- Climbing and Rappelling Equipment Charges
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 3 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks, Wind Cheater optional
- Cap, Camera, Power bank as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- Basic toilet facility will be available at the base village. Considering it is an outdoor activity, please prepare accordingly.
- We advise participant with any medical issues /history not to opt for this event. Still If he/she does so, it should be at the participant’s risk. The management won’t be responsible for any incident.
- Considering complicated route and respecting everyone’s time, we will not entertain any participant reaching base village by his/her own vehicle. One can come till meeting point by his/her vehicle and park it there and join our transport from there.
- Smoking/drinking/smoke up is strictly prohibited during the event. Anyone found doing so will be immediately expelled from the event.
- We request you to go through the complete itinerary. Since it is a group event, we will not be in position to entertain any request of leaving early from the event. Respecting the fellow trekmates, please adhere to the schedule and take back lovely memories.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: