About Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan valley is known Wonder of nature & splendid of Sahyadri (Western Ghats) and is one of the must do places near Mumbai. Sandhan valley trek is located on the west side of beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan; Kulang (Known as AMK- toughest trek in Sahyadri), Ratangad, Ajoba; Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges.
A 2 km long, valley is brilliantly carved with deep narrow rock floor, weaving its way between the two high walls of mountain range. There are points on the way which are as narrow as 3 fts and also are the points where sun rays are unable to reach. This is the reason Sandhan valley trek is also called as Valley of Shadow. You start from one end, and to reach the other end, you will have cross 2-3 water pools (water level changes according to seasons) with water reaching as high as to waist level during winter. At the end of valley you get see magnificent view of high cliffs & deep valleys.
- Mesmerizing view of the huge shadow valley while trekking
- Trek in the shadow of the valley
- This trek does not an ascend, keep descending throughout the trek
- Rappelling down a rock patch
- A small pond to spend some time by the side
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Semi Fast
10:50 pm CST
10:57 pm Byculla
11:05 pm Dadar
11:13 pm Kurla
11:18 pm Ghatkopar
11:30 pm Mulund
11:34 pm Thane
11:57 pm Dombivli
12:07 am Kalyan
01:18 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 01:18 am
Day 1 – Sunday
01:30 am Meet-up, freshen up, move towards the base village in taxi
03:30 am Reach Base village, and take some rest
04:30 am Wake up call, freshen up, gear up for the trek
05:30 am Breakfast/tea to start our day
06:30 am Introduction round, brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event. Enjoy trekking; at a 4ft deep water patch approx. 30m length, descending on the rock patches, rappelling 50ft. down on a rock patch, etc. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
04:00 pm Reach Sandhan Valley end point.
06:00 pm Reach Dehne village
06:30 pm Move towards Asangaon in a private / public transport.
07:30 pm Catch Mumbai local from Asangaon railway station.
10:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon.
Event Fee: Rs.1350/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Travel from Kasara to base village And Dehne village to Asangaon.
- Breakfast and Packed Lunch
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water, Torch is must
- Good trekking shoes
- Power bank optional
- Extra pair of clothes, socks, Sandal
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: