Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Easy
Height of fort: 2710 ft approx.
Total time to reach base village: 2 hours
Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains (Western Ghats). It consists of two twin fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Balekilla, with a wide machi (plateau) surrounding the two Balekillas.
Historically, Rajmachi Fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat (the Ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. It was in the possession of Angre family, the head of the Maratha navy in the 18th century.
There are historical water reservoirs and ruins of fortifications, ramparts, and gateways on both the Bale killas. A view from the top of the forts of the surrounding hills and valleys is quite mesmerizing. A Shiv Mandir built in the Hemdapanti style of architecture, approximately in the 8th century, on the west end of a big historical water reservoir is worth visiting. The water reservoir was constructed in 1780, by Ramrao Narayanrao Desmukh, Mamalatdar of Danda Rajpuri.
- Kalbhairavnath temple
- Shreevardhan fort
- Manoranjan fort
- Home stay, Local cuisines
- View of Kataldhara waterfall
- Beauty of Rajmachi
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
For Mumbai Participants
Karjat – Pune Passenger train | 3:10 pm to 03:52 pm
Singhagad Express | CSMT to Lonavla | 02:30 pm to 05:03 pm
For Pune Participants
Pune Indore Express | Pune to Lonavla | 03:35 pm to 4.38 pm
Koyna Express | Pune to Lonavla | 3:40 pm to 05.03 pm
Meeting Point : Lonavla Railway Station at 05:15 pm
Day 1 – Saturday
05:10 pm Meet the Team at Lonavla Railway station
05:30 pm Move towards Rajmachi by Jeep transport (Half way)
06:00 pm Start Trek towards the Base village
08:30 pm Reach Base Village and explore the surrounding
09:30 pm Dinner time
10:30 pm Stories, sharing experiences, fun filled chit-chats and lots more. Take rest for the day relaxing under the sky; watching stars.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 am Wake up call
07:00 am After Breakfast Start trekking towards Shrivardhan Fort in a cool pleasant
09:30 am Reach base village take some rest.
10:00 am get fresh and after that walk towards Godhaneshwar Temple – Shiva Temple
11:00 am Have Lunch and leave for the Lonavala railway station
03:00 pm Catch Mumbai / Pune train or bus from Lonavala
Event Fee: Rs.1450/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Travel from Lonavala to Base village and return
- Unlimited 2nd day Day breakfast in the morning
- 1st day Dinner (veg/ non-veg) and 2nd day Lunch
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
Rajmachi Camping Mumbai Pune Adventures
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: