Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Easy
Height of fort: 3390 ft approx.
Total time required for climbing: 2 hrs of normal climb
Duration: 1 Day
Lohagad (iron fort) is one of the many hill forts of Maharashtra state in India. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala. The fort is connected to the neighboring Visapur fort by a small range. The fort was under the Maratha empire for the majority of time, with a short period of 5 years under the Mughal empire.
Lohagad has a long history with several dynasties occupying it at different periods of time: Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Yadavas, Bahamanis, Nizams, Mughals and Marathas. Shivaji Maharaj captured it in 1648 CE, but he was forced to surrender it to the Mughals in 1665 CE by the Treaty of Purandar. Shivaji recaptured the fort in 1670 CE and used it for keeping his treasury. This fort was used to keep the loot from Surat. Later in Peshwa time Nana Phadnavis used this fort for living for sometime and built several structures in the fort such as a big tank and a step-well.
The fort has been declared as a protected monument by the government.
- Bhaja Caves
- Visapur Fort View
- Vinchu Kada
- Lakshmi Kothi
- Rajarani Mandir, Shiv Mandir
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
For Mumbai Participants
Meeting Points :
Mumbai – Lonavala – Malavali
Reach Lonavala by train & catch Lonavala – Pune Local.
Malavali is second stop from Lonavala
Indrayani Express @ 5:40 am from CST
Lonavala – Pune Local @ 8:20 am from Lonavala
Arrival time at Malavali is 8:35 am
For Pune Participants
Meeting Point :
Pune – Malavali
Pune – Lonavala Local train @ 08:05 am
Arrival time at Malavali is 09:11 am
09:11 am Meeting near Malavali Railway station Ticket Counter
09:15 am Travel to Bhaje by Private vehicles.
09:40 am Reach Bhaje Village and have breakfast,
10:30 am Trek starts.
12:30 pm Reach the top. Explore the fort
02:00 pm Start descend.
02:30 pm Reach the base village and have lunch.
04:00 pm Move to Malavali by Private vehicles.
05:00 pm Reach Malavali Railway station and trek ends.
Event Fee: Rs.700/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Local travel from Malavali to Malavali
- Unlimited breakfast and Lunch at base village
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Identity Proof
- Torch with extra batteries
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Windcheater and Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: