Location: Ahmednagar – Pune
Total time required to reach base: 5 hours from Dadar
Duration: 2 Days- 1 Night
About Nighoj Potholes
Nighoj: Asia’s largest natural gigantic potholes in riverbed of Kukdi near Nighoj is an archeological site recorded in the Guinness Book of World records. This is a geographical phenomenon where the pebbles that are carried by the river get locked in the cracks developed in the basalt rock riverbed. These pebbles, which rotate due to the water current, form pot shaped cavities in the basalt rock over the hundreds of years.
The interiors of potholes are smooth and regular. The miracle resembling the rock sculptures are are on the riverbed and the narrow walls of gorge through which river flows.
The Gorge is just about 2-3 kms in length and is hardly visible from a distance. The fascinating formations with its looks of a canyon, would give you a chilling thought how mars or moons surface might be.
These potholes could be even more than 100 feet deep at few spots. There is small temple of “Malganga” on the bank on this river.
Morachi Chincholi: by name itself means a village of tamarind trees (Marathi:चिंच Chincha) & town of Dancing Peacocks (Marathi:मोर More) all around. Even today, one can find lot of peacocks everywhere in this small village.
It is said that during times Peshwe dynasty lot of tamarind trees were planted over here which attracted Peacocks to this place. The villagers also claim that their ancestors kept on planting tamarind trees and cohabited with this bird over here. Now there are around 2500 Peacocks in this region.
- Nighoj Potholes
- Morachi Chincholi
- Wadgaon Daryabai cave temple
- Ranjangaon Ganpati
- Beautiful village and Mesmerizing views
We’ll be boarding non-A/C bus from our nearest pick-up point. Bus timings are shared below for convenience:
For Mumbai Participants
Meeting Points :
07:00 am Dadar
07:30 am Vashi
08:00 am Kalamboli McD
Day 1 – Morachi Chincholi
12:00 pm Reached Morachi Chincholi (en-route breakfast)
12:30 pm Freshen up and briefing about area
01:30 pm Lunch time, have delicious maharashtrian and take some rest
02:30 pm Bullock cart and Tractor ride
04:30 pm Enjoy the walk through the village for sighting of Peacocks
07:00 pm Return to our cottage
09:00 pm Have Dinner
10:00 pm Play some games like antakshari, ghost stories and storytelling
10:30 pm Those who want to sleep can do that.
Day 2 – Nighoj
06:00 am Wake up, get fresh and have breakfast
08:00 am After breakfast proceed to Nighoj Potholes
09:00 am Reach Nighoj Potholes Explore the Kundalika River area
09:30 am Explore the Kundalika River area and surroundings
11:30 am after clicking many pics Visit some Local farms
02:00 pm Have lunch and left for Mumbai
09:00 pm Reach Mumbai at night
Event Fee: Rs.3400/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Local travel from Mumbai to Mumbai by non ac Bus
- Day 1 – Unlimited breakfast, Lunch, Dinner at village
- Day 2 – Unlimited Breakfast and Lunch
- Activities and accomodation
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Identity Proof
- Torch with extra batteries
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Extra pair of clothes, socks, Sandal
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: