Event Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 4665 ft approx.
Total time required for climbing: 3 hrs of normal climb
Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
Ratangad is a fort in Ratan Wadi, Maharashtra, India, overlooking the locale of Bhandardara, one of the oldest artificial catchment area. This fort is located in the Ahmadnagar district of Maharashtra. It is on the boundary of Ahmednagar and Thane districts. The fort is about 2000 years old. This fort is covered with beautiful flowering plants in November. Ratangad is also called Jewels of the Fort.
Ratangad has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called ‘Nedhe’ or ‘Eye of the Needle’.The fort has four gates Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak. The sculptures of Lord Ganesh and Hanuman are seen on the main gate It also has many wells on the top.
The fort is origin for the river Pravara/Amrutvahini. The Bhandardara dam(arthar dam) is built on this river.From the top of the fort neighbouring forts like Alang, kulang, Madan gad, Harishchandragad, Patta are seen easily.
- Amruteshwar Temple
- View of entire Bhandardara dam
- Rock cut water tanks on the fort
- Needle hole hilltop, caves, remains of the fort
We’ll be boarding non-A/C bus from our nearest pick-up point. Bus timings are shared below for convenience:
10:00 pm Dadar
10:45 pm Thane
Meeting Point : Dadar Pritam Hotel 10:00 pm
10:00 pm Depart for ratanwadi in a non-A/C bus (We will manage pick-ups from pre-decided locations depending upon the participants)
04:30 am Arrive in base village and take some rest
05:30 am Wake-up call, freshen-up and have breakfast, followed by tea
06:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
06.45 am Gear up for the trek as per the instructions
09:30 pm Reach top, explore the surrounding, feel the quest of being on the highest hill top of the surrounding, take some rest
12:00 pm Lunch on the way (to be carried by participant)
01:00 pm Start descending towards the base
03:30 pm Reach base village, freshen up, take some rest
04:00 pm Leave for Mumbai, fun in the bus, followed by games and lots more.
09:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Event Fee: Rs.1200/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
UPI – 9967564888@upi
Tez – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
The cost per head includes the following.
- Local travel from Mumbai to Mumbai
- Unlimited breakfast and Lunch at base village
- Local guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- MPA administration charges if any
- Do read our terms and conditions before registration
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
- 2 Litres of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electoral, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions: